Interview with Cristina.
Metropolitan Library “Mihail Sadoveanu” is proudly presenting to its reading audience the debut novel of Cristina Istrati. “Seductive Ambiguity” was released by Do-minor publishing house.
1. How did you get to a “Seductive Ambiguity”?
On short, the story is about love and how it can overcome all obstacles. The wife of the main male character( Lucas Brown) dies in a car accident and after a long period of time, he meets another woman but she resembles very much with his late wife. Lucas is using Divine Anderson (main female character) but to some point he doesn`t realize anymore whether he is with this girl for what she is or because she reminds him wife ( Evelyn Brown), whom he loved very much.
Divine finds out the truth through a small accident. When she goes to Lucas`s office one day, she sees a portrait of him and Evelyn, and to that point she gets the whole picture. With her heart broken, she leaves to Alaska at her parents’ cottage with the hope of finding some peace and to spend some time all by herself. Lucas, of course, tries to find her and he does, after many attempts. The two of them get back together; many other things happen as well, things that will lead to the expansion of their love. In the end, both of them realize that they are meant for each other. At this point, Lucas`s best friend (Charlie Robinson) makes his appearance on the stage. He secretly loved Evelyn and now he wants Divine, too.
2. What is icing on the cake?
The ending, no doubt about it. It`s exactly what it needed and I am proud for the way that I`ve created it.
3. What represents, for a young writer, his first novel?
This is a question that I like very much. I love this book and I am grateful to it because it allows me to share and express all my creativity. It`s a huge joy, and it`s also pretty difficult to put it in words. I strongly believe that writing is my vocation on this earth. I have the ultimate love and gratitude for what God has created on this planet and this book is my way of saying “thank you” for the greatness and perfection of our world.
4. How do you expect for the book to be received by people?
I think it will be successful. I put all my trust in it and I`m proud for what I`ve created. Also, I thank God for the inspiration He gave me to write this book.
5. Shall we be expecting the next book anytime soon?
Of course. I am already working on it, just reached the fifth chapter and I have the ideas for my third and fourth book. Writing is my life.
(an interview made by Adriana Vasiliu, Ziua newspaper, March- 2009).
2. WRITING AWARD-WINNING BOOKS IN MULTIPLE GENRES WITH CRISTINA ISTRATI.
* How to get quality feedback on your writing
* How to move your debut novel to award-winning status
* How to gain more confidence as a writer
* How to get the support you need as you move your writing forward
* How to get into a Writing Habit
* How to follow your Instinct on what’s good for your writing